- Organizational learning and development
- Change management
- Interorganizational collaborations
- Intercultural management
- Qualitative research methodology
- Process consultancy
Main research area
- Organizational learning
- Capability development, knowledge transfer, knowledge creation
- Inter-group dynamics
- Strategy process research
Main research projects
- Resilience at work: towards the development of a 3-level-assessment tool (Cheque d’Innovation)
- Internationalization Strategies of Swiss Born Global Companies to China (RCSO project)
- Learning driven cross-border M&As: post-merger integration processes
- Karamustafa, G. & Schneider, S.C. Buffering and Bridging: How leaders can make a difference during post-merger integration process. Zander, L. (Ed.) (forthcoming 2020) Research Handbook of Global Leadership: Making a difference, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Castañer, X., Karamustafa, G., & Davis, J.D. 2017. The Drivers of Analogical Reasoning from Past Experience in Organizations and Their Superficiality in M&As. Paper accepted for presentation at Strategic Management Society Special Conference, December, San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Lupina-Wegener, A.A, Karamustafa, G., & Schneider, S.C. 2016. Causes and Consequences of Different Types of Identity Threat: Perceived legitimacy of decisions in M&As. Risberg, A. King D. and Meglio, O. (Eds.) The Routledge Companion to M&A. Routledge. Oxon.
- Castañer, X., Karamustafa, G., & Davis, J.D. 2015. Organizations’ Attempt to Combine Complementary Capabilities: A Case Study of Acquisition Implementation Process. Presented at the Strategic Management Society Annual Conference, October, Denver, US. One of papers nominated for the Best Conference Paper Prize.
Senior Researcher, HEIG-VD
2015 - 2016
Academic Quality Director, Sustainability Management School, Geneva
2014 - 2015
Lecturer, Sustainability Management School, Geneva
2012 - 2013
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva
2008 - 2012
Teaching and Research Assistant, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva
1996 - 1998
HR Specialist, Procter & Gamble, (Russia and Turkey)