- Life cycle assessment , Ecobilan
- Environmental management
- Plastic pollution
Main research thematics
- Eco-design methodological approach
- Gamification for sustainable development
- Marine Litter & Plastic Footprint
Main research projects
- Shaping Environmental Information into Environmental Action
- Eco-design barometer
- Development of a Plastic Footprint Methodology
Key conferences and publications
- Boucher J. Jenny C. Plummer Z. Schneider G. (2018). How to Avoid Pigeonholing the Environmental Manager? Sustainability 2018. 10, 2538. doi:10.3390/su10072538.
- Boucher J. and Friot D. (2017). Primary Microplastics in the Oceans: A Global Evaluation of Sources. Gland, Switzerland: IUCN. 43pp.
- Boucher J. Evequoz P. Friot D. Mayer S. Van Lierde, N. (2017) Adopting a life cycle perspective through ISO14001: a game changer, ENEC publication 2017 (ISBN: 978-2-9537289-4-1).
- Boucher J. Jenny C. Schneider G. (2016). Maturité des entreprises au regard de l’éco-conception : faut-il sortir le manager environnement du placard ? Oral presentation at the Colloque National de l’Eco-conception, St-Etienne, 2-3 mai 2016.
- Boucher J. Jenny C. Schneider G. (2015). Shaping Environmental Information into Environmental Action. Oral presentation at the 5th World Sustainability Forum, Basel, 8th September 2015.
- Boucher J., Jenny C., Schneider G., Sortir le Manager Environnement du Placard. Oral presentation at the 5th G21 Swisstainability Forum, Lausanne, 1-2 July 2015.
Associate Executive Director, EA
- Provide consulting and training to organisations in the management of their environmental performance and in the integration of environmental aspects within business activities and priorities
- Co-develop and spread new approaches to make Life Cycle Assessment operational
Senior Research Scientist, HEIG-VD
- Conducting research projects in the field of ecodesign and environmental management
2013 - 2014
Climate Change Expert, IUCN
- Developing projects and initiatives for a better assessment and mitigation of the impact of climate change on ecosystems, and the valuation of Natural Capital in marine and coastal areas
2010 - 2013
- Senior Consultant Ecodesign, Quantis International (France)
- Managing of the development and marketing of a new innovative ecodesign software : IMPULSIO (powered by Quantis SUITE 2.0)
2008 - 2012
Managing Director, Quantis International (France)
- Sales and Key Account Management
- Managing a network of business partners
- Team management (10 consultants)
- Financial management
- Set-up of the company strategy with the board of directors
2006 - 2008
Project manager, Quantis International (France)
- Built sustainable business relationships with new customers
- Operation (LCA project realisation and management, over 80 projects)
2004 - 2008
Founder and member of the Board, Usine21
- Project management in the fiel of sustainable development
- Member of the board of the association since 2004
2006 - 2007
Associate researcher in a CNRS project (Marine biology), CNRS
- Studying the role of bacteria in the detoxification of Nautilus living in heavy metals contaminated marine ecosystems
- Participation in the writing of the research proposal
- Organisation of the fishing program in Vanuatu and New Caledonia
- Analysis of metals in Nautilus tissues
- Interpretation of results
2006 - 2007
Founder and Ecodesign Manager, EcoPrao
- Design of a concept boat aiming at maximizing both technical and environmental performance.
2002 - 2006
Researcher (PhD) and Teaching-assistant, EPFL
- Performing research and teaching in the field of water treatment and biotechnology